Scholarship Description: Rapid City Catholic Schools will grant two full scholarships or four partial scholarships per academic year to Native American high school students. This scholarship excludes fees and books. No cash-back value and must be applied for annually.
Owen & Kathleen Evans: The Rapid City Catholic School System believes in providing an educational opportunity to all students. Through the vision and foresight of Owen & Kathleen Evans, the establishment of the Evans Native American Scholarship Fund allows the Rapid City Catholic Schools to encourage the academic growth of Native American students within our schools. With appreciation for our donors, the Rapid City Catholic Schools accepts the responsibility to encourage students to grow spiritually, academically, and socially.
- STM High School Student
- Grade 9 – 12
- Applies only to tuition cost for one academic year. All other costs are the responsibility of the family. No cash-back value.
- Must verify enrollment in Native American Tribe by providing tribal name and registration number.
- Financial Need
- Native American Student
- Completed TADS Application
- Completed Evans Application
- Send your application to RCCSS Business Office
- Committee will consider student’s academic standing, character and extracurricular involvement.
- Tuition account must be current and in good standing
- Completed student essay (500 words or less)
All applications will be reviewed and awards made by the committee. Notification of award will be made no later than July 6, 2022.