Scholarship Summary: College scholarship for graduating seniors wishing to attend SDSM&T.
Scholarship Description: The Bruce and Deanna Lien Scholarship was established to create opportunities for graduates of STM who seek to earn a degree from the South Dakota School of Mines & Technology. It is the donor’s wish to promote the recruitment and retention of some of the best and brightest students who will help solve world issues through the application of their engineering and scientific knowledge gained and SDSM&T
- STM Senior
- Merit scholarship of $5,000 per year towards tuition
- Scholarships are not stackable over the price of tuition
- Applies only to tuition cost for one academic year. All other costs are the responsibility of the family. No cash-back value.
- Students will receive $5,000 each year for a total of four years so long as he/she meets the criteria established by the donor and RCCSS
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Students will be chosen by an independent scholarship award committee consisting of representatives from RCCSS and up to two individuals selected by the donor.
- Renewable for a total of four years provided the student maintains a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA (based on 4.0 scale) and is enrolled as a full-time student at SDSM&T.
- United States Citizen
- May not be relative of donor or donor’s family
- Continuous enrollment at SDSM&T
- Valid for undergraduate education only
- Committee will consider student’s academic standing, character and extracurricular involvement.
- Account Current and in good standing
- Once a qualified recipient is selected, the donor shall be invited to participate in the presentation of the award to the recipient. A photo of each reciepient, and a letter with biographical information on the student shall be provided to the donor.
All applications will be reviewed and awards made by the committee. Notification of award will be made no later than May 1st.